- Your overall goals – what type of website do you want and what do you want it to do? For example, do you want to sell products online? Or do you just want somewhere to advertise your services and post blogs? We may be able to suggest ideas and functionality that you haven’t yet considered. Also, are there any web sites out there you like the look of already that we in turn can look to as an example?
- Your business – what do you do, what makes you unique, lets share the best of what you do with visitors to your site. Any logo’s, business cards, flyers, brochures related to your business that you can show me?
- Your customers – who are you trying to reach? What do you want visitors to do when they arrive at your site? What kind of functionality will they expect?
- Your timescales – do you have any deadlines in mind? When do you want work to begin?
We’ll map out how we see the project and draw up realistic schedules based on our initial discussion. It’s an essential part of the web development process, but in particular it allows us to draft an accurate proposal. The plan will include the following:
- Collect all of the information gathered from our initial meeting and ensue we have clearly defined all we need to plan the project.
- Assess your functional requirements – consider how best to use our resources to meet your specific requirements or if we need to purchase specific plugins.
- Work out timescales – if you’ve got strict deadlines to meet then obviously that will affect our scheduling (if needs be we can arrange a staggered launch, with additional functionality added at a later date).
- Aesthetics – we’ll consider your business identity, as well as any brand guidelines you may have. We may develop colour schemes and concepts as a starting point for discussion.
At this stage we’ll develop a formal proposal for your project. Included will be; timescales, target dates for online drafts, key expectations and agreed responsibilities and a full, fixed-price quote, with all input broken down and explained
Development & Management
Our development team will now get involved with the build as agreed by both parties in the proposal stage. We will ensure that you have visibility of the development as it happens. So you can see the website taking shape and we can assess what we need to keep it on track as per the agreed requirements. During this stage you will have one central point of contact managing the whole process. This makes things much easier for everybody.
We believe our responsibility doesn’t end once your site is built. We offer 12 months free support and technical warranties on all our work. This should always be part of the web development process. You can also request tailored support plans and server maintenance packages.
Based in the North East? You may be eligible for up to £1400 funding towards our services
Current funding opportunities available through the North East Business Support Fund (NBSL). could mean that you are eligible for a grant of up to £1400 towards a project worth up to £3500. NBSL specify that ‘you can use the grant for almost any type of business support that will help your business to grow including web design’.
If you are eligible for this great funding opportunity, then it may mean that you may not have to settle for a smaller package that would’ve suited a specific budget in the past, but a package that will allow you to really get your business set up the way you want.
In order to access funding, your business needs to be based in the North East of England, and produce the majority of your turnover from business to business sales.
We are an approved service supplier for NBSL and can help you with the process to find out if you are eligible. Interested, click here to find out more.
- You (the client) contact us with an outline of your requirements by email or telephone.
- We will contact you with an estimate based on this outline.
- If you are happy with the estimate we will proceed with the following:
- Registration of any domain names you require Setup of a web hosting account if required.
- Production of initial design and layout concepts which you can view online.
- Once you are happy with the design concept, we will populate the pages and complete any plug-in customisation.
- We will then transfer the site to your web hosting account once full payment has been receive.